The focus of the prayer ministry in Bulgarian Evangelical Church of God New Life is the prayer for the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus that we might walk in our calling and destiny by God’s power as a church!
(Eph. 1:17-19) 17 That the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may KNOW (experience) what is the hope of His calling (assurance/clarity of God’s call for our life) what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints (our destiny as Jesus’ inheritance), 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power…
Pray to receive the Spirit’s power that Jesus’ Presence be manifest in us so we experience God’s love.
(Eph. 3:16-19) 16 THAT He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 THAT Christ may dwell (manifest His presence) in your hearts through faith; THAT you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend (experience) with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height– 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; THAT you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Prayer for God’s love to abound in us by the knowledge of God resulting in righteousness in our life.
(Phil. 1:9-11) 9 That your love may abound still more and more in knowledge (of God) and all discernment, 10 that you may approve (rejoice in) the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere (no compromise) and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness…
Prayer to know God’s will, to be fruitful in ministry and strengthened by intimacy with God.
(Col. 1:9-11) 9 That you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy…
Prayer for unity in the church and to be filled with supernatural joy, peace and hope (confidence).
(Rom. 15:5-6, 13) 5 May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another…6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the…Father…13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
To be enriched by all the gifts of the Spirit including powerful preaching and prophetic revelation.
(1 Cor. 1:5-8) 5 That you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance (anointed preaching/singing) and all knowledge (prophetic revelation), 6 even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you (by miracles), 7 so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of…Jesus Christ, 8 who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For the release of grace to bring the Church to maturity especially to abound in love and holiness.
(1 Thes. 3:10-13) 10 Praying exceedingly that… (God will release His Spirit and grace to) perfect what is lacking in your faith?…12 And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all… 13 that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father.
Pray to be worthy (prepared or made spiritually mature) to walk in the fullness of our destiny in God.
(2 Thes. 1:11-12) 11 We pray always for you that God would count you worthy of (prepare us for) this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness (plans for us) and the work of faith with power, 12 that the name of…Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God.
The other focus of the prayer ministry is the intercessory prayer!
We pray for:
1. Love for Jesus – Love the Lord with all your heart soul mind and strength
Mt 22:37; Eph 1:17-19; Eph 3:16-19; Phil 1:9-11, Col 1:9-11
2. Love for people – Love your neighbor as yourself.
3. Pastors and Church Leadership and church ministries:
Pray for Pastor Vladimir, Pastor Stanimir, Pastor Mario and their families and pray for all the Church Leadership and church ministries.
4. Bulgarian Evangelical Church of God New Life:
Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, for many souls to be saved, unity with all of the Christian churches in Chicago land including the Bulgarian Orthodox church and specific issues affecting New Life Bulgarian Evangelical Church of God as the extension of the building and others.
Acts 2:17-19; Acts 4: 29-30; Mk 11:17; Mk 16:15-20; Mt 28:19-20
5. Salvation – Pray that God would open the hearts of people to be saved specially among the Bulgarian population living in Chicago land. Pray for unsaved relatives and friends.
John 16:8; 2 Cor 4:4
6. Israel – Pray for the Jewish people, for revival in the Church in Israel with signs and wonders, for the peace of Jerusalem, for God’s prophetic promises over Israel to be fulfilled
Rom 9-11, Is 62
7. Bulgaria – Pray for the unity of the church ( Orthodox, Evangelical and Catholic), revival in the Protestant and Orthodox church and their spiritual growth, proclaiming of the gospel all over our country and the ability of the unsaved people to hear it, spiritual knowledge of the Bulgarian people, freedom from prejudices and superstitions ,Bulgarian president, government, missions and missionaries working in and outside Bulgaria (Bulgarian Missionary Network, Rodopi mountain and the missionaries serving there).
8. Justice – Pray for the ending of abortion, slavery, attack on family and marriage, human trafficking, acts of violence and other injustices.
Ps 72:1-4, 12-14; Ps 82; Is 58:6-12
9. Government – Pray for those in authority in our US city, state, nation.
Rom 13; Titus 3; 1 Pet 2:13-17
10. Worldwide Church – Pray for the Church and Ministries worldwide, in the nation and city for unity and the release of the Holy Spirit’s power, for the persecuted church – to receive strength and boldness in the midst of persecution.
11. National and International Issues - Pray for specific issues affecting the globe.
12. Healing – Pray for healing of physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the sick in the church.
Is 14:12 ; Jn 17:21-23
13. Missions and Missionaries – Pray for revival in a foreign city/ nation and for the outpouring of the Spirit on the poor and the persecuted Church.
Acts 2:17; 2 Thes 3:1-5;
Pray that the wealth of the nations would be released for the Great End-Times Harvest and the poor.
Pray for spiritual breakthroughs in the worldwide Church with unprecedented unity, purity and power.
Is 63:15-16; Is 64:1-7; Rom 15:5-6,13
14. Prayer Ministries 24/7 – Pray for the establishing of houses of prayer in your city/nation
Is 56: 6-8; Mt 21:13, Mk 11:17; Lk 19:46
15. Family – Pray for blessings, unity and health in all of the families in the Bulgarian church and for their children.
Josh 24:15; Rom 15:5-6; Rom 12:9-10; Ex 20:12, Eph 5:22-6:4; Col 3:18-21
16. Marketplace – Pray for your workplace and Christians in the marketplace.
Col 3:23-24, 1 Cor 10:31, Ecc 3:9-13, Ecc 5:18-20, Titus 3
17. Youth ministry – Pray for the youth of the church to grow in the knowledge of God and to overcome the temptations of the world being active in their faith in home, school and their free time. Pray for local schools and colleges and for a youth revival movement.
Joel 2:28, Mal 4:6
18. Singles ministry – Pray for the singles in the church to find their marriage partners and to serve the Lord wholeheartedly!
19. New Life Prayer ministry – Pray for protection from pride, to be humble and meek in His presence and more people to join us in the prayers.
He is looking for voluntary lovers: people who long to know Him more than anything else; people who will live lifestyles of prayer, fasting and meditation on the Word of God because they hunger to know a Holy God; people who will seek the knowledge of God because they want to be transformed and invited into the deep things of God’s heart. We pray for all to become those people in our Bulgarian church!